Re: [BUG] Wrap LaTeX Fragments in a Span [9.6.2 (release_9.6.2)]

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Wrap LaTeX Fragments in a Span [9.6.2 (release_9.6.2)]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 15:04:02 +0000

Gustaf Waldemarson <gustaf.waldemarson@gmail.com> writes:

> The other day I wanted to do some additional styling of LaTeX (MathJax)
> elements, however, I noticed that none of them were actually captured in any
> HTML tag or CSS class, making this a bit cumbersome.
>
> So I spent a bit of time to look things up and see if this could be fixed
> and
> came up with the attached patch, which wraps all LaTeX fragments in a <span
> class="equation"> tag. Ideally, one should probably have separate CSS
> classes
> for inline fragments and full environments, but I wasn't really able to
> figure
> out how to separate those.

See `org-html--wrap-latex-environment'.
`org-html-latex-environment' does wrap latex environments into equation
class, but not for mathjax processing type.

CCing the maintainer.

It looks reasonable to wrap Mathjax fragments as well. But there might
be non-obvious pitfalls.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,