Re: how to insert, interactively org-time-stamp with any time

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: how to insert, interactively org-time-stamp with any time
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 08:41:26 +0000

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Using C-u C-c .
>
> Prompts a date and the actual time, however how can I change the actual
> time? No key seems to allow that, so only end up with for example
>
> <2023-05-22 09:45>
>
> But I would like for example to chose
>
> <2023-05-22 16:45>
>
> How can I achieve that?

C-u C-c . 2023-05-22 16:45 <RET>
or (is you do it today)
C-u C-c . 16:45 <RET>

> BTW the way the time stamp is displayed is
>
> <22.05.2023 09:45 >
>
> While
> ,----
> | org-time-stamp-formats is a variable defined in ‘org_init.el’.
> |
> | Its value is ("<%Y-%m-%d>" . "<%Y-%m-%d %H:%M>")
> `----
>
> And my setting is
>
>  '(org-time-stamp-custom-formats '("%d.%m.%Y" . "%d.%m.%Y %I:%M %p"))
>

> Not sure what the %p

That's your setting, no? It looks like you have no equivalent of AM/PM
in your locale, so %p expands to empty string, prepended by space, as
you instructed. On my side, your value of
`org-time-stamp-custom-formats' works just fine.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,