Re: [BUG] org-texinfo-compile docstring sentence ends abruptly

From: tomas
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-texinfo-compile docstring sentence ends abruptly
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 20:56:37 +0200

On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 08:24:21PM +0200, Niall Dooley wrote:
> The `org-texinfo-compile' docstring contains the following sentence which ends
> abruptly.
>
> "Processing is done through the command specified in
> `org-texinfo-info-process',
> which see."
>
> I think it is sufficient to remove the "which see" at the end.

I think this is just the English incarnation of the customary Latin
"q.v." [1], which in printed text used to denote a "link" (well,
something you could look up in the index, so printed text's most
close cousin to a link). That usage would be "vintage", but correct.

Cheers

[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/q.v.