LaTeX export ignores caption if table is in a drawer

From: Richard H. Stanton
Subject: LaTeX export ignores caption if table is in a drawer
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 17:48:12 -0700

I often create tables programatically from within an org code block. To make
sure I don’t produce multiple copies of the output, I like to enclose the
results in a drawer. However, the exporter seems to ignore any caption I might
assign if the table itself is inside a drawer. For example, if you export the
sample org file below to LaTeX, the first table gets exported with caption, the
second without. Would it be possible for the exporter to keep the caption in
the second case as well?

[By the way, this would be particularly helpful at the moment, as for some
reason emacs-jupyter currently seems to put all results in a drawer regardless
of whether you ask it to or not…).

Thanks.

Richard Stanton

———