Re: [BUG] lisp/org-eldoc.el: Eldoc does not work in org source blocks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] lisp/org-eldoc.el: Eldoc does not work in org source blocks
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 07:42:09 +0000

Bruno Cardoso <cardoso.bc@gmail.com> writes:

> The Eldoc interface `eldoc-print-current-symbol-info' works everywhere just
> fine for me (Emacs
> 28.2), but it does not work inside org source blocks for elisp code. Yet,
> reverting to the
> obsolete `elisp-eldoc-documentation-function' in org-eldoc's
> `org-eldoc-documentation-function' works (see below). I tested it both in my
> own config and
> "emacs -Q" with same results.

Note that org-eldoc is not a part of Org. We only provide a minimal
maintenance until someone takes over it. See
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-orphanage.html

Your change to obsolete function is questionable. So, this change is at
least non-trivial. Unfortunately, this falls beyond the level of
maintenance we can offer here.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,