Re: Cache must be active error

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Cache must be active error
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 10:08:02 +0700

On 03/07/2023 00:44, Colin Baxter wrote:
Ihor Radchenko writes:
     > Just for context, the new version `org-element-cache-map' uses a
     > new macro `org-element-with-enabled-cache' that temporarily
     > enabled cache for the duration of `org-element-cache-map'.

I add org-mode (from git) early to the load-path in order to compile new
org-mode versions on the fly without closes emacs.

You may try to add

(message "org? %S" (featurep 'org))

before the line adding Org to load path. Check the *Messages* buffer that it reports "nil" to ensure that Org is not loaded through some dependencies.

When pulled commits includes changes related to macros, .elc files affected by macro expansions must be removed before compilation. *Incremental* builds may result in inconsistent code. Emacs developers prefer fast, but sometimes incorrect builds and they are rather skeptical in relation to proper support of incremental builds.

Without removing *.elc files functions like `byte-recompile-directory' and `batch-byte-compile' may produce files that uses old macro versions.