Re: Unable to unfold a folded block having point directly after the fold

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Unable to unfold a folded block having point directly after the folded block
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 07:30:13 +0000

Vlastimil Vondra <vlastimil.vondra@gmail.com> writes:

> Perfect, org-reveal is working as well, haven't known about that! But it
> would be good that org-reveal is called automatically before org-cycle,
> because when going through the task list, I'm just expanding by tab. It is
> not really convenient to use tab and when reaching error (or no unfold)
> then hitting C-c C-r. Maybe it's just me.

Try to customize `org-cycle-emulate-tab'. That way, `org-cycle' will try
to reveal current heading in more places instead of attempting to
perform indentation.

I do not think that calling org-reveal before org-cycle is a good idea -
it may lead to unexpected results depending on
`org-fold-show-context-detail'.

You can also create your own custom `personal/org-cycle' command that
will (1) call `org-reveal' (2) call `org-cycle'.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,