Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 16:38:09 +0000

Mehmet Tekman <mtekman89@gmail.com> writes:

> I've adapted this to write a git patch which currently passes with
> upstream/main, and contains a few `should-not` statements which are
> planned to be `should` statements after the merge function has been
> patched for the `:tangle' multi-parameter property.

I do not like the idea of putting unrelated tests to upsteam. They may
confuse people reading the sources before your follow-up patch is merged.

Is there any specific reason why you want to merge these tests now and
not later, when you submit the full patch?

> +(ert-deftest test-ob/merge-params ()
> +  "Test the output of merging multiple header parameters.  The
> +expected output is given in the contents of the source code block
> +in each test.  The desired test header parameters are given
> +either as a symbol or a list in the `idtest-alist' variable.
> +Multiple header parameters must be separated by a newline and
> +exactly two spaces in the block contents."

Note that you did not update the docstring after changes in the tests
structure.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,