Re: How to put a string produced by an Elisp form in an Org source block

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: How to put a string produced by an Elisp form in an Org source block in the Org file?
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 22:20:13 +0200

On 2023-08-04, at 10:03, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> writes:
>
>> I have an Elisp form in an Org source block, returning a (multi-line)
>> string.  I'd like to put that string into the same Org buffer.  I tried
>> `:results raw', but the string contains `|' characters, so Org treats
>> its as a table and tries to format it as such, which is not what I want.
>>
>> How to do that?
>
> Maybe :wrap example?

Thanks a lot, that works!  (Apart from the issue with lines beginning
with a star, possibly preceded by whitespace, which are "escaped" with
a comma - but that is a known thing in Org, and I can easily circumvent
it.)

BTW, that means that my blog post for this weekend (about plotting
charts from Org tables, all within Org mode and using ASCII art) is
basically almost ready!

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski