Re: Passing table to Ruby session

From: Mike Gauland
Subject: Re: Passing table to Ruby session
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 09:24:08 +1200

Just to follow up on my problem sending a table to ruby. It doesn't' seem to be an org problem, but with inf-ruby.

I copied the ruby code that org generates to set the variable, and pasted it in to an inf-ruby session, and that works fine.

However, when I select it as a region, and do "ruby-send-region", inf-ruby complains about an "unexpected end-of-input".

As long as the code to set the variable is under 4k, it works. When it's longer than that,  process-send-region sends it in pieces, and inf-ruby is apparently prematurely interpreting the incomplete code.

I'll take this up elsewhere, though if anyone here has suggestions for me, or wants further updates, let me know.

Kind regards,

Mike