Re: [BUG] org-get-outline-path misbehave in some scenarios when org-elem

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-get-outline-path misbehave in some scenarios when org-element-use-cache is t Inbox
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 08:47:56 +0000

Rodrigo Morales <moralesrodrigo1100@gmail.com> writes:

> I've noticed that =org-get-outline-path= report incorrect information
> when =org-element-use-cache= is =t=. This mail shows some experiments
> that demonstrates this bug.

Thanks for reporting!
It was a bug in parser cache code.
Fixed, on bugfix.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=27a41d418

> With regards to experiment 2, we know that passing either ="FOO\n"= or
> ="FOO" "\n"= insert the same content, so I'm wondering how come
> passing different parameters to =insert= which result in the same
> outcome can affect the behavior of =org-get-outline-path=.

The difference is that "FOO\n" is processed a single buffer
modification (insert a string), while "FOO" "\n" triggers two
modifications (insert string, insert another string). The latter case
was not processed properly, missing that "\n" created a new heading:
1. Insert "FOO" ->
FOO** 1-2
2. Insert "\n"  ->
FOO