Re: Maintenance status of individual Org libraries

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Maintenance status of individual Org libraries
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 22:56:09 +0200

 ---- On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:41:18 +0100  Ihor Radchenko  wrote ---

 > The following libraries have no maintainer or author active on the list:

 > ob-comint, ob-core, ...

I'm interested (and technically still maintainer of ob-shell). ob-comint and
ob-core are both used by ob-shell, so I've looked at good bits of both.  I'd be
willing to work on those.

Unfortunately, my new job has yet to sign the FSF disclaimer, so I'm unable to
contribute at the moment (I'm doing what I can to facilitate communication
between parties).  Feel free to reach out off-list with advice for how I might
help that process.

Until the disclaimer language gets resolved, I may be able to help in other
ways.  I have notes explaining the ob- API
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-02/msg00531.html).
Maybe if that were completed, it would make being a maintainer more
approachable for people?  I'd also be happy to mentor new maintainers.  What
other ways might I help?