Re: [BUG] Hang on latex preview [9.7-pre (release_9.6.7-661-g34ee6f @ /h

From: Christian
Subject: Re: [BUG] Hang on latex preview [9.7-pre (release_9.6.7-661-g34ee6f @ /home/csj7701/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 08:26:07 -0400

Following your suggestion, I am able to preview the latex snippets without any issue. I also tried removing org-fragtog from my config and previewing manually; I still get an org-element-cache error. I haven't yet seen emacs hang without org-fragtog, but I suspect that that is just because the latex previews are happening less frequently because I'm triggering them manually. Not sure. Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:

Project <shipley7701@gmail.com> writes:

I take class notes using latex. I use org-fragtog to automatically preview inline latex snippets as I type. My org documents are usually

full of small snippets of latex: — E.G.:

Basic Addition

$5+5 = 5\( — Lately, whenever I write a new latex snippet and move my cursor outside the two dollar signs, instead of rendering the latex, my entire emacs instance hangs. I then have to run "pkill emacs", restart the daemon, go back in and run "recover-this-file" to continue my work.

Thanks for the report! Does the problem happen if you run emacs without your config and toggle latex preview? (emacs -Q)