Re: [BUG] org-element--cache: Org parser error (error "rx '**' range err

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-element--cache: Org parser error (error "rx '**' range error") [9.7 (9.7-??-d6f3aed7b @ /Users/fbartik/.config/emacs/.local/straight/build-29.1/org/)]
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 07:49:12 +0000

fb--- via "General discussions about Org-mode." <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
writes:

> I'm very new to Emacs and org and I'm running into this issue when I
> start Emacs from scratch and reload my last session.
>
> The error I get looks like this and there are multiples on each start:
>
> Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in
> config.el::5943. Resetting.
>   The error was: (error "rx '**' range error")
>   Backtrace:
> nil
>
> I'm sure there are issues with my configuration, which is pasted below.
> This is because I'm using the Doom Emacs framework as well as snippets
> of other users' configurations.

This error usually happens when something is trying to call Org API in
non-Org buffer. For example, https://github.com/nobiot/md-roam is known
to do this.

May you M-x toggle-debug-on-error, trigger the error, and then share the
backtrace that will be displayed?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,