Re: Missing changes

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Missing changes
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 23:22:47 -0400

Po Lu writes:

> These changes made to lisp/org within the Emacs repository are absent
> from orgmode.git:
>
> * | 73b24a41412..: Po Lu 2023-08-23 Make org-mouse compatible with touch
> screen event emulation
> * | 4f714dc0813..: Po Lu 2023-08-20 Support desktop notifications on Android
> * | 5856ea5e4e8..: Po Lu 2023-08-17 Introduce support for Desktop
> Notifications on Haiku
>
> Would anyone care to see to it that they are transferred into the Org
> repository?

Those commits are on Emacs's master branch.  We're up to date with the
emacs-29 branch, but I've yet to port any of the Emacs's master-specific
Org changes to Org's main branch.  I started working on it last weekend,
so it should happen soon-ish.  In any case, all the currently unported
master-specific changes would of course be ported to Org's main before
we start syncing that to Emacs's master.

You can find all of these commits listed at

  https://git.kyleam.com/orgmode-backport-notes/tree/orgmode-backports.org

It's not in your list above, but there's also your 9082b4e6ee2 (Make
binaries distributed with Emacs work on Android, 2023-01-24).  That, by
the way, will need to be adjusted to stay compatible with previous Emacs
versions that don't have a ctags-program-name variable defined.