Re: error tangling: how to debug please?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: error tangling: how to debug please?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 12:40:04 +0000

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> I have a rather large & complex file which has many src blocks, all of
> which tangle to a single file, defined by a header-args property.
>
> When I try to tangle, I get the following (not very informative
> unfortunately) backtrace:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>   org-src-coderef-regexp(nil)
>   org-babel-tangle-single-block(1)
> I haven't tried emacs -Q or similar as there are too many things to set
> up for this complex file.  I am just looking for any hints or
> suggestions that could help me debug this.

Looks like `org-src-coderef-format' returns something weird for one of
the code blocks.

To debug, you can try to patch `org-babel-tangle-single-block', catching
when `org-src-coderef-regexp' is called with nil argument (it must be a
string). Then, examine which source block you are at when that happens.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,