Re: [BUG] tikz latex figures don't render properly in the html output. [

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] tikz latex figures don't render properly in the html output. [9.6.6 (release_9.6.6 @ /usr/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 10:07:07 +0000

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> tusharhero--- via "General discussions about Org-mode."
> <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> \begin{tikzpicture}
>> \draw (0,0) circle [radius=2cm];
>> \end{tikzpicture}
>
> ... But, but, but!  There
> is a new LaTeX preview system in works [2],
> and it fixes a lot of problems out of the
> box, including yours!

Fist, for the record...
Confirmed.

I can also confirm that TEC's feature branch does not have this bug.

On main, the bug is caused by horrible heuristics in
`org-html--latex-environment-numbered-p' and
`org-html--unlabel-latex-environment', which make a naive assumption
that \begin{foo*} is always available and codifies unnumbered version of
environment.

However, \begin{tikzpicture*} environment is not valid. Moreover,
\begin{tikzpicture} is not numbered either (just as many other
non-equation environments).

That said, I am not sure what is going on with numbering in TEC's branch
- the above two functions are left in the code, __unused__. Which
indicates that we might also have some feature regression on that branch.
Timothy, any comments?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,