Fwd: Named columns in org tables [9.7-pre (release_9.6.9-797-g4d0f89]

From: Paul Stansell
Subject: Fwd: Named columns in org tables [9.7-pre (release_9.6.9-797-g4d0f89]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:38:56 +0100

Hello Bruno,

It seems to me it's a bug in the documentation.

Currently, column names are not allowed in the LHS (Left Hand Side) of
the formula ('org-table-get-stored-formulas' assumes it).  Although I'm
not sure why.

 However, the following, with the column name on the RHS, works

| ^ | c1 | c2 | c3 |
#+TBLFM: $c3 = $c1 + $c2

Could allowing column names on the LHS in my first example be put on a todo list?

By the way, there is a small error in your example as your $3 should be $4.

Thanks,

Paul