Re: [patch] ox-latex.el: Add `LATEX_PRE_HEADER' keyword

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [patch] ox-latex.el: Add `LATEX_PRE_HEADER' keyword
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 17:48:36 +0000

Max Nikulin writes:

> On 28/09/2023 22:36, AW wrote:
>>
>> The idea to have a LATEX_PRE_HEADER to insert `\DocumentMetadata{}` is
>> exactly
>> what you need right now, if you export from orgmode to current LaTeX. With
>> `\DocumentMetadata{}` you can add most of the necessary xmp data -- and I
>> write most, because I'm using it on a daily basis, but haven't checked if
>> really everything is included yet.
>
> The question is if Juan Manuel can use \DocumentMetadata instead of the
> pdfx package in his workflow.

I'm afraid that with the pdfx example that I put in the first post I
have caused a little confusion. pdfx is not part of my workflow. I only
used it once a long time ago. I've cited the code from that package here
as another example of arbitrary code that can be placed before
\documentclass. As I said, there are many more examples and possible
cases: \DocumentMetadata and \PassOptionsToPackage are two typical
cases. But, as I have already mentioned, /almost/ any LaTeX code can be
accommodated before class declaration. Even simple comments. Why not
think about a hypothetical case in which a user needs to create from Org
a *.tex file that contains comments before \documentclass? With a
LaTeX_pre_header keyword that would be possible.

--
Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com

https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com