Re: [the cryptic @@#$7]

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [the cryptic @@#$7]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:40:07 +0200

>>> "BB" == Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Uwe,

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> Here is an example where the org-lookup-first method seems to fail

>> #+TBLFM: $3='(org-lookup-first $2 '(remote(Table1A, @I$1..@II$1))
>> '(remote(Table1A, @I$7..@II$7)))::$4='(org-lookup-first $2
>> '(remote(Table2A, @I$1..@II$1)) '(remote(Table2A,
>> @I$7..@II$7)))::$5=vsum($3..$4);f2

> You forgot to update the column numbers: the names to look for are now in
> the column '2', and, the totals are now in column '8'. This should work:

>     #+TBLFM: $3='(org-lookup-first $2 '(remote(Table1A, @I$2..@II$2))
> '(remote(Table1A, @I$8..@II$8)))
>     #+TBLFM: $4='(org-lookup-first $2 '(remote(Table2A, @I$2..@II$2))
> '(remote(Table2A, @I$8..@II$8)))

>     #+TBLFM: $5=vsum($3..$4);f2

Arg 😨

I even tried
#+TBLFM: $3='(org-lookup-first $2 '(remote(Table1A,
@I$1..@II$1))'(remote(Table1A, @I$8..@II$8)))
#+TBLFM:$4='(org-lookup-first $2 '(remote(Table2A, @I$1..@II$1))
'(remote(Table2A, @I$8..@II$8)))
#+TBLFM:$5=vsum($3..$4);f2

So I changed

    2. but *not* $1-->$2

Thanks very much

Uwe

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Hamas terroristic attack on Israel.