Re: [BUG] FAILED test-ob-python/session-multiline

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: [BUG] FAILED test-ob-python/session-multiline
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 16:39:47 -0700

> We have fairly regular CI test failures for one of the ob-python tests.
> The test does not fail _every_ time, but I keep seeing the problem in
> various Emacs versions, including Emacs 29.
>
> Example log: https://builds.sr.ht/~bzg/job/1047678#task-build
>
> In the test the result somehow includes prompt:
>
> Test test-ob-python/session-multiline condition:
>     (ert-test-failed
>      ((should
>        (equal "20"
>             (org-test-with-temp-text "#+begin_src python :session :results
> output\n  foo = 0\n  for _ in range(10):\n      foo += 1\n\n      foo +=
> 1\n\n  print(foo)\n#+end_src" ...)))
>       :form
>       (equal "20" ">>> 20")
>       :value nil :explanation
>

> -->   (arrays-of-different-length 2 6 "20" ">>> 20" first-mismatch-at 0)))

Hello, sorry for the long time to address this.

I've just pushed a commit [1] that might address this, based on a new
hypothesis I have for the root cause:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=1eb598758980d5fa4d7bb21c98dfc56f42cae59a

Please let me know whether the problem continues, or whether it seems to
improve.

As an aside -- I am having a hard time figuring out how to monitor our
CI for this. When I search in

https://lists.sr.ht/~bzg/org-build-failures

I can only find an example from 11 months ago. The example you sent
(https://builds.sr.ht/~bzg/job/1047678#task-build) is more recent, but
is "Unlisted" and doesn't show up when I search for it.