Re: Should we move constants.el by Carsten Dominik to Org orphanage?

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: Should we move constants.el by Carsten Dominik to Org orphanage?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 07:46:30 +0200

> Maske <maske1foro@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There are some links, that I am afraid don't work:
>> ‘constants.el’ by Carsten Dominik [...]
>> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools.
>>

>> # That link is dead. Maybe this would be the correct one:
>> https://staff.fnwi.uva.nl/c.dominik/#orgf869524
>
> The source code at https://github.com/cdominik/constants-for-Emacs has
> not been changed since the end of 2020, and I have last seen Carsten
> being active on mailing lists at the beginning of 2021.

(My guess is that Carsten still skims through the list from time to
time.)

> So, we may instead consider marking the package at
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-orphanage.html and maybe inside
> https://sr.ht/~bzg/org/ project.

I see no reason not to use
https://github.com/cdominik/constants-for-Emacs as the source for
constants.el, the package seems stable (as its name suggests...)

I've fixed the link in the manual.

Of course, if Carsten wants to move the package to Org orphanage,
no problem.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien