Re: [BUG] emacs-lisp source blocks do not implement :prologue and :epilo

From: Jeff Trull
Subject: Re: [BUG] emacs-lisp source blocks do not implement :prologue and :epilogue [9.6.9 ( @ /home/jet/.config/emacs/elpa/org-9.6.9/)]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 13:42:06 -0700

Thanks for the quick fix! If my bash one-liner is right there are another 12:

grep -L :prologue `fgrep -Rl --include=\*.el '(defun org-babel-expand-body:' ~/.config/emacs/elpa/org-9.6.9/` | xargs -n 1 basename
ob-C.el
ob-awk.el
ob-lilypond.el
ob-sqlite.el
ob-java.el
ob-org.el
ob-calc.el
ob-latex.el
ob-dot.el
ob-fortran.el
ob-emacs-lisp.el
ob-lisp.el
ob-clojure.el

On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 2:04 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
Jeff Trull <edaskel@att.net> writes:

> The manual page "Environment of a Code Block" describes :prologue and
> :epilogue header arguments, which are useful for applications like unit
> tests and boilerplate code. No suggestion is made that these arguments
> are only available for some languages.

If they are not available, it is a bug.

> In fact, any language that provides its own org-babel-expand-body needs
> special code to handle these arguments - and emacs-lisp lacks it.

Fixed, on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=936290fe1

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,