Re: the opposite of the noexport tag

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: the opposite of the noexport tag
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 08:19:06 +0000

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> This is not a correct format. Please, review the manual section I linked
>> to.
>
> So it should be
>
> Right?

No.
#+SELECT_TAGS: tag1 tag2 ...
Same for #+EXCLUDE_TAGS.

> I am wondering why it worked anyhow

By default, SELECT_TAGS is set to "export" tag and EXCLUDE_TAGS is set
to "noexport" tag.

>> (side note: this is odd to set selected tags to "noexport")
>
> So what to you propose instead, in order to achieve my goal:
>
> «To  export only the sections  that have the export tag and leave the
> ignore the others»

#+SELECT_TAGS: export
And then
* This section will be exported :export:
* This - will not
* This - neither :some_other_tag:

And you do not even need #+SELECT_TAGS if you use "export" tag - it is
already set like this by default.

So, it is enough to just put :export: tag as needed:

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,