Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 08:44:59 +0000

Leo Butler <Leo.Butler@umanitoba.ca> writes:

> It looks like an issue in comint-mode and the way that it is handling
> the temporary ssh session. This is not an issue with org-mode.
> Not working:
>
> #+begin_src bash :results output
>   ssh SSH-HOST 'echo foo>/tmp/foo_file'
>   echo $(uname -a) |tee /tmp/uname1.txt
> #+end_src

By default (no session), the above command should not use comint-mode.
So, something else might be going on here.

I currently do not have a setup to test ssh commands, so I would
appreciate someone trying to dig why `org-babel-eval' apparently not
returning the expected result.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,