Re: [FR] 'org-columns-next-allowed-value' for 'summary-checkbox'es funct

From: Sławomir Grochowski
Subject: Re: [FR] 'org-columns-next-allowed-value' for 'summary-checkbox'es functions should have 'intermediate state' '[-]'
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 19:14:59 +0100

I have found good explanation of 'tristate checkbox':
https://dequeuniversity.com/library/aria/checkbox-tri#:~:text=A%20tri%2Dstate%20checkbox%20can,parent%20checkbox%20is%20partially%20checked.

"A tristate checkbox can be checked, not checked, or partially
checked. The condition of being partially checked is based on the
selection of child elements. If all child elements are selected, the
parent checkbox is checked. If some child elements are selected, the
parent checkbox is partially checked."

So as I understand it this is the same approach in org-mode.
But I'm using 'an intermediate state' to mark a checkbox that can't be 'done'.

Like, I planned to go to gym:
- [  ]  go to gym on 01.11.2023

But the time has passed and I didn't go to the gym on this precise day.
So I can't mark the checkbox as done, I can only leave it as it is.
But after a couple of days I'm not sure if I was at the gym that day and maybe I just forgot to mark it as done.
So for this purpose I'm marking it as [ - ] that explicitly I can't do this checkbox.
Maybe others use it the same way?
What do you think?

Regards,
Sławomir Grochowski