Re: [BUG] Can't export bold html correctly after change org-emphasis-reg

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Can't export bold html correctly after change org-emphasis-regexp-components [9.6.6 (release_9.6.6 @ /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 12:42:36 +0000

Haojun Bao <baohaojun@gmail.com> writes:

> 1. update org-emphasis-regexp-components, as I'm a Chinese, I added
> some of the chinese Punctuation Marks, like the following:
> 2. do M-x org-reload
> 3. Write a file with the following content, note that both hello is
> displayed as bold:
>
>     *hello*:world
>
>     *hello* world
>
> 4. C-c C-e to export it as html, only the second hello is in bold, the
> first hello is surrounded by the org bold marker '*'.

Org markup syntax is not customizeable. You may consider using escape
character instead. See https://orgmode.org/manual/Escape-Character.html

`org-emphasis-regexp-components' only affects the fontification, not
actual underlying markup.

We are well aware about this problem for Chinese users. The proper
solution will involve alternative markup like @bold{...} or (maybe)
**creole inline markup**. But changing Org syntax is not something we
can take lightly.
See https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87a6b8pbhg.fsf@posteo.net/

Not a bug.
Canceled.