Citation bug: cite/a does not work with basic

From: William Denton
Subject: Citation bug: cite/a does not work with basic
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 01:44:25 -0500 (EST)

I'm finally starting to investigate citations (what an astounding amount of work went into it all!) and ran across what seems to be a small bug.

Test.bib file:

  @article{test2023,
    title = {Title Here},
    author = {Denton, William},
    date = {2023-11-23},
    journaltitle = {Journal Title},
    volume = {2},
    number = {3},
    issue = {5}
  }

Make an Org file with three lines, using cite/a to get the author citation:

┌
│ #+bibliography: Test.bib
│ #+cite_export: basic author author-year
│ [cite/a:@test2023]
└

Try to export it to LaTeX with "C-c C-e l l" and we get this error:

   Wrong type argument: characterp, raw

However, change it to cite/n: or cite/t: or just plain cite: and it will work. I think it should work with cite/a, but I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks,

Bill

--
William Denton