Re: orgmode-capture-all on macOS

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: orgmode-capture-all on macOS
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 22:03:24 +0700

On 28/11/2023 06:58, mag_dex wrote:
A simple hack to right click on selected text and capture it (with URL if this is Safari) to your OrgMode Inbox.

I do not have a mac. I just have looked into the code and I am curious why you decided to update org file from a python script directly instead of invoking emacs-client? I mean calling something like

    (let ((type (and url
                (string-match "^\\([a-z]+\\):" url)
                (match-string 1 url))))
      (org-store-link-props
       :type type
       :link url
       :initial t)
      (org-capture nil key))

with some capture template KEY that contains %[FILE]. It is inspired by `org-protocol-capture'.