Re: [BUG] Get "Args out of range" when trying to link heading with compl

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Get "Args out of range" when trying to link heading with completion from inside a footnote
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 14:58:35 +0000

lukeflo@posteo.de writes:

> My problem is the following. When I create a footnote with C-c C-x f or
> org-footnote-new, and then try to link to an internal heading of my
> document typing [[*xyz]] and hitting M-tab for completion, I get nothing
> but the message in the minibuffer which says "args-out-of-range "" 1
> nil". If I manually type the name of the heading and export to PDF
> through LaTeX, the result is fine. But since some Headings are really
> long, auto-completion would be very helpful here. From everywhere else
> inside my document auto-completion for internal links works fine.
> Thus, it seems like a bug to me, since it is not working even with this
> very simple setup.

Yes, it is a real bug.
It has been reported previously in
https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/DB9PR06MB7753E0E548B2FB6614285847C61B9@DB9PR06MB7753.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com/

I wish someone more familiar with Emacs completion innards were to take
a look on this problem. I am not sure what is going wrong there.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,