Re: OrgMode Agenda empty if one of files is missing from the org-agenda-

From: Ali M.
Subject: Re: OrgMode Agenda empty if one of files is missing from the org-agenda-files
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 20:42:18 -0500

You are right

I tried again, and this time, i checked the echo/mini buffer area, and it had the options you mentioned above
my bad

My agenda windows open on the side, not the bottom (not sure why), so i guess this why i didnt notice the warning in the echo area before
also a bit unfortunate that a is for abort because i might have kept pressing a when i first got a blank windows (also a being the first option for agenda, and the thing you will most likely try as a new user)

Anyway, thanks

On Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 10:06 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
"Ali M." <tclwarrior@gmail.com> writes:

> If a file added on my agenda list is deleted, Org Mode Agenda list comes
> back empty
>
> For example, my org agenda has two files
>  '(org-agenda-files
>    '("c:/dev/projects/one/one.org"  "c:/dev/projects/two/two.org"  ))
>
> Now I deleted folder two , so the folder  c:/dev/projects/two/ and its
> content is also deleted
>
> Now when I try C-ca and select any of the option to list my scheduled todos
> I get an empty *Org Agenda* buffer

This is not what I am seeing on my side.
For me, agenda displays a message:

Non-existent agenda file /tmp/two/two.org.  [R]emove from list or [A]bort?

If I press "r", the agenda is displayed with the existing file.
If I press "a", agenda generation is aborted.

> I think the Agenda buffer should still show me the todo items from the
> available files, and maybe just warn me about the delete file, or at least
> show nothing, but warn me about the issue

I suspect that you accidentally pressed "a" extra time, which happened
to trigger "[A]bort".

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,