[BUG] Hard-coded and inconsistent todo states in org-agenda.el [9.7-pre

From: Raffael Stocker
Subject: [BUG] Hard-coded and inconsistent todo states in org-agenda.el [9.7-pre (release_9.6.12-934-g4d72f3 @ /home/rst/Devel/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 18:10:48 +0100

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

Hi,

org-agenda.el contains the following hard-coded states in ‘org-agenda-to-appt’:

(when (and ok tod (not (string-match "\\`DONE\\|CANCELLED" evt)))...)

I find this confusing as the Org mode manual usually uses “CANCELED”,
with one ‘L’ instead of two.  I believe this should be corrected.  Of
course, ideally the function would take the terminal states from
‘org-todo-keywords’ instead.

Regards,

Raffael

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.38,
cairo version 1.17.8)
Package: Org mode version 9.7-pre (release_9.6.12-934-g4d72f3 @
/home/rst/Devel/org-mode/lisp/)