Re: [BUG] ox-texinfo no longer inserts menus if there is no content

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: [BUG] ox-texinfo no longer inserts menus if there is no content
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:37:36 +0100

> Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:
>
>> (This came up in 878r9p1ntd.fsf@bernoul.li, on emacs-devel, but it
>> seems it fell through the cracks.)
>
> I thought I fixed this in
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=dbf415b84
>
> ... as I said in https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/87il8sv6r2.fsf@localhost/

This was an unrelated bug that I found while desperately (but
unsuccessfully) trying to find a possible cause of the original issue.
I don't remember what the effect of this secondary (and fixed) issue was
in practice; just that I noticed that this (now reverted) change, was
not correct.

> Are you saying that the problem is still present on the latest main?

Yes, I can still reproduce the "menus are missing" and "type of
subsections in appendix changed" issues with the provided test file.

     Cheers,
     Jonas