Re: Adding functionality to org-latex-classes

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Adding functionality to org-latex-classes
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 14:40:32 +0000

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> I was just wondering whether it would be possible to add further
> functionality to org-latex-classes and would like to start a discussion ;-)
>
> My use case is the following:
>
> The document class is tightly coupled with  ~org-latex-subtitle-format~
> and  ~org-latex-subtitle-separate~. Koma-script classes, for example, need
> those variables to be defined with file or directory local variables in
> order to take full profit of the layouts. If we found a way of
> accommodating them in the class definitions, the fuzz of the extra
> variables could easily be overcome.

We may extend `org-latex-classes' to allow custom backend option values.
For example,

  (latex-subtitle-format . value)
  (latex-subtitle-separate . value)

Then, we can use these values as the overrides when the variables are
not set explicitly as buffer-locals or as in-buffer/subtree export
keywords.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,