Re: [DISCUSSION] org-capture.el vs remember.el (was: [ELPA] New package:

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] org-capture.el vs remember.el (was: [ELPA] New package: jami-bot and org-jami-bot)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 12:05:52 -0600

If this works (big if since given all this is vapourware), we'll
finally have found good use for indirect buffers :-)

FWIW, I use indirect buffers constantly through `org-tree-to-indirect-buffer', which is also called from several of my tools like org-ql, org-bookmark-heading, etc. Largely, I treat my ~/org directory as a database, and when I open an entry from a search result or a bookmark in an indirect buffer, I don't even care what file/buffer it's actually in; the indirect buffer offers the illusion that it's in a file of its own, without any other content around it.