Re: [DISCUSSION] Possible inclusion of org-capture.el into Emacs core (w

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] Possible inclusion of org-capture.el into Emacs core (was: [ELPA] New package: jami-bot and org-jami-bot)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 22:34:16 -0500

  > Similar to jami-bot providing a dbus interface for Jami to interact with
  > Emacs, Org mode has org-protocol.el providing command line and URL
  > handler interface that is nearly independent of Org mode itself in its
  > core function:

Could you please explain in a few lines what sort of jobs org-protocol.el does?
The doc you sent

;;   1.) Add this to your init file (.emacs probably):
;;
;;       (require 'org-protocol)
;;
;;   3.) Ensure emacs-server is up and running.

describes in a low-level way _how_ to use it,
but in order to think about it, the first thing I need to know
is _what it can do_.