Re: Basic citations: should default citation style have a name and style

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Basic citations: should default citation style have a name and style code?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 07:52:37 +0000

Hi Bill,

On Thursday, 11 Jan 2024 at 05:25, William Denton wrote:
> The basic citation processor is a proof of concept and shouldn't be
> used for real work, so this is probably never going to result in a
> real problem.

Proof of concept or not, the fact that it exists means people (e.g. me)
are going to use it so it would be good to have it be somewhat complete.

> Sadly my Lisp isn't good enough for me to offer a working solution,
> but if the default citation style had, for example, the name "default"
> and one-letter code "d" then I think the problem would go away.

I think this is a nice suggestion.  My Lisp is also not up to it so I
hope somebody does do this.

> With thanks to everyone who did all the great citation work
> originally,

+1 -- it's been a very useful extension to org.

And also, while I'm here, thank you Bill for your blog posts on the
citation capabilities of org.  Well written, very clear, and very
helpful.  Looking forward to part 3!

eric
--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.6-418-g294a4d in Emacs 30.0.50