back-end - access to :mode attribute for section and symbol-name

From: Garulfo
Subject: back-end - access to :mode attribute for section and symbol-name
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:15:26 +0100

Hi all,

I try to learn how to start a new back-end for ConTeXt (https://wiki.contextgarden.net).
There is already a version based on ox-latex.el (https://github.com/Jason-S-Ross/ox-context/)
but in order to contribute I wanted to learn the basics.

I started a first elisp script (attached).

For "ox-mycontext-section", I try to access the attribute ":mode" of the section
in order to make the difference between "first-section" and "section".

I had to use "
symbol-name" :

   (let*
      ((section_mode (symbol-name (org-element-property :mode section))))

Questions :
1/ Is it the "org-mode" way to do ?
2/ What should I read to understand why "s
ymbol-name" is needed, whereas usually "org-element-property" just return the appropriate string.

Thanks