Basic citations: bugs with citation objects with multiple keys, prefixes

From: William Denton
Subject: Basic citations: bugs with citation objects with multiple keys, prefixes, suffixes
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 01:19:43 +0000

I'm figuring out complex citation objects with prefixes and suffixes and
multiple keys, and found that not all styles export properly (from what I
understand).  Here's an Org file that runs through all the citation styles (the
Basic.bib is below).  Each citation object has a global prefix ("Citing") and
global suffix ("is duplication") and the second citation has a local prefix
("and") and local suffix ("also").

# ----------

#+bibliography: Basic.bib
#+cite_export: basic

Default: [cite:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Note: [cite/ft:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Nocite (should be blank): [cite/n:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is
duplication.]

Noauthor: [cite/na:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Numeric (should "use global affixes and ignore local ones"): [cite/nb:Citing ;
@friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Text: [cite/t: Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Export that and you will see some bugs.  Default, nocite and numeric look
correct, but author and noauthor are missing all the surrounding text (I don't
see anything in oc-basic.el about why it shouldn't be there), and in note and
text "also" should be outside the brackets.

Default: (Citing van Dongen, M.R.C., 2012, and van Dongen, M.R.C., 2012
also is duplication.)