Re: [BUG] org-open-at-point-global fails on links with multiline descrip

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-open-at-point-global fails on links with multiline descriptions in org-mode buffers [9.6.6 (release_9.6.6 @ /usr/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 14:09:43 +0100

Hi Ihor, Omar,
* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2024-01-21; 12:18 GMT]:
> Omar Antolín Camarena <omar@matem.unam.mx> writes:
>
>> If you have an org link with a newline embedded in the description in an
>> org-mode buffer and put point on it, org-open-at-point correctly follows the
>> link but org-open-at-point-global does not, it instead reports "No link
>> found". (I have plenty of org links with newlines in the description,
>> because org-fill-paragraph tends to reformat links that way.)
>
> Thanks for reporting!
> Fixed, on main.
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=ac1c72376

that works for me now with both, org-open-at-point in
org-mode buffers and org-open-at-point-global somewhere
else.

But how about this idea of Omar:

"I would like to suggest that org-open-at-point-global
check to see if it is being run in an Org mode buffer
and if so just call org-open-at-point.  That way users
can bind org-open-at-point-global and use that key
binding everywhere including org-mode buffers without
loss of functionality compared to org-open-at-point."

This sounds reasonable for me!?

Regards, Ggregor