Re: Patch to allow adjusting latex fragment display scale factor

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: Patch to allow adjusting latex fragment display scale factor
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 13:11:48 +0800

Hi Matt and Ihor,

>> Any thoughts? I have not yet updated it for the most recent changes to
>> main, but I can do that.
>
> As you found in another thread, we have a WIP overhaul of the whole
> LaTeX preview system. I hope that it can be merged in the coming few
> months.
>
> AFAIU, the new system will allow setting the scale factor - see
> <https://git.tecosaur.net/tec/org-mode/src/branch/dev/lisp/org-latex-preview.el#L57>
> Although, it does not look like a function is accepted as an allowed
> value.
>
> CCing Timothy and Karthik - they may have comments on the possibility to
> allow function as :scale value.

I must admit that with the new system, I don’t see much value in accepting a
function: we now scale the previews based on a combination of the :scale
parameter and their actual LaTeX display size.

All the best,
Timothy

--
Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor.
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/tec>.