Re: [BUG] org-lint tells to move #+name to wrong place in results block

From: gerard . vermeulen
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-lint tells to move #+name to wrong place in results block
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 18:50:08 +0000

On 22.01.2024 19:15, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
gerard.vermeulen@posteo.net writes:

For the listings below org-lint tells me to move "#+name: OUT"
downwards:

    Line Trust Warning
      17 high   #+name: in results of evaluation will be replaced by
      re-evaluating the src block.  Use #+name in the block instead.

This is not true

Good point.
The real problem is indeed different - when the source block has
:exports code, results will be removed and any links to OUT will become
invalid:

..., but exporting says:  Unable to resolve the link "OUT".

FR: would it be possible to resolve such links?

What is the purpose? Why not simply leaving the result name same as the
source block?

I have Python "IN" blocks generating Python "OUT" blocks that may end up
on different pages after exporting to LaTeX and PDF.
The FR would allow to link always to the correct page.

I have 10 org-lint warnings of this type for a 150 page PDF document.
Most of those "OUT" blocks are on the same page as their corresponding
"IN" blocks, but I have worked around this limitation.

I can live without the requested feature, but it would be a way to eliminate
an org-lint test.

Best regards -- Gerard