Re: Inconsistent handling of multi-line properties

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Inconsistent handling of multi-line properties
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 22:48:51 -0800

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> I have noticed that properties that stretch over multiple lines using
>>> the :value+: syntax are ignored by org-element-property and therefore
>>> also by e.g. org-export-get-node-property when exporting to ics via
>>> ox-icalendar.el (see example below). I was wondering now whether this is
>>> intentional and to be expected or a bug?
>
>> 3. Change ox-icalendar to consider :LOCATION+ properties and merge them
>>    during export.
>
> I went with this approach.
> See the attached tentative patch.

Thanks Ihor -- this is a nice improvement for ox-icalendar.

My only suggestion would be to add this information and your small
location example to the manual.

> CCing Jack - you expressed interest in ox-icalendar in the past.
>
> P.S. We need a maintainer for ox-icalendar ;)

Sure, I'm happy to help with this :)

Please forward/CC any issues you'd like me to look at.  I'll setup an
email filter to try and catch iCalendar related subjects, but sometimes
I miss things on the list.