[BUG] org-internal links broken by defaulting org-open-link-functions to

From: Kevin Safford
Subject: [BUG] org-internal links broken by defaulting org-open-link-functions to org-ctags-find-tag [9.7-pre (release_9.6.14-1020-g80ce61 @ /Users/kevin/emacs_configs/vanilla/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 11:04:51 -0700

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

When either performing a mouse click or pressing RET on an org-mode
link, instead of navigating to the specified destination, I am prompted
to specify a ctags file.

This occurs for all variety of links: radio targets, internal links to
headlines, external links using, e.g. file: and as far as I can tell,
any sort of link whatsoever.

This seems to be the wrong choice for the default and results in
confusing behavior that was quite difficult to understand and resolve.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 29.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.5 (Build 21G531))
 of 2023-05-08
Package: Org mode version 9.7-pre (release_9.6.14-1020-g80ce61 @ /Users/kevin/emacs_configs/vanilla/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)