Re: [POLL] Any users setting `org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance' to nil or

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [POLL] Any users setting `org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance' to nil or other non-default value?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 21:16:11 +0000

ypuntot <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> There are several reasons to disable tags inheritance.
>
> For example, in project management there could be a tag for a direct
> responsible for a task, and a different tag for a different direct
> responsible for a subtask. I could want to see the tasks of the direct
> responsible, not the subtasks that are already in the hands of a different
> person.
> It helps to not overpopulate results.

Indeed. We have `org-use-tag-inheritance' exactly for this purpose - it
defines tag inheritance globally.

`org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance' is a layer on top that can disable
`org-use-tag-inheritance' just in agenda.

My question is about `org-agenda-use-tag-inheritance', not about global
Org settings for tag inheritance.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,