Re: Async Python src block behavior with :dir header property

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Async Python src block behavior with :dir header property
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 12:47:23 +0000

Nasser Alkmim <nasser.alkmim@gmail.com> writes:

>>> #+begin_src python :dir asyncpy :async :session :return figname :results
>>> file value
>>
>> These header arguments are not correctly formatted.
>> Try M-x org-lint
>
> I tried org-lint and it says that the header argument is "unknown".

You should have got
     1 low   Empty value in header argument ":session"
     1 low   Empty value in header argument ":async"
     1 nil   Unknown header argument ":async"

You need to specify (1) :session name; (2) :async yes.

> However, I can execute the source blocks.

There is no guarantee that execution will work as expected in malformed
src blocks like yours.

> I tried with 'emacs -Q' and '(require 'ob-python)' and I noticed that I
> missed the header argument ':mkdirp "yes"'.
> With that I can reproduce the examples.

Do you mean that you have no problem after you add :mkdirp yes?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,