Re: I'm not subscriber, but want to send a code.

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: I'm not subscriber, but want to send a code.
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 16:43:35 +0000

Teika Kazura <teika@gmx.com> writes:

> [Wishitem] Show the current node name in the header line (w/ sample
> implementation)
> Hi. The following code shows the current "node name" (outline header
> name) in the emacs header line:

Thanks for the suggestion!
Have you seen org-eldoc.el library (a part of org-contrib)?
It provides a similar functionality using eldoc-mode.

By default, eldoc-mode uses echo area to display the breadcrumbs.
However, you may customize `eldoc-display-functions' to display the
breadcrumbs in header line.

eldoc-mode allows multiline messages.

> If you like, adopt it for org-mode. Feel free to modify.

You might also be interested in https://github.com/joaotavora/breadcrumb

I believe that the proposed functionality is already covered by either
org-eldoc.el or breadcrumb.el. So, we do not need to re-implement it
within Org mode.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,