Re: [BUG] Org element cache had to reset [9.6.6 (release_9.6.6 @ /usr/sh

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Org element cache had to reset [9.6.6 (release_9.6.6 @ /usr/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 16:32:22 +0000

Neil MacLaren <neil.g.maclaren@gmail.com> writes:

> What exactly did I do?
>
> I was trying to fix deadlines for repeating tasks in an org buffer by hand.
> I then tried to reload my Org Agenda and it wouldn't load. I tried pkill
> -SIGUSR2 emacs but didn't understand the error messages. I narrowed the
> problem down to a specific file but couldn't get past that. Then, I reload
> emacs again (probably the fourth or fifth time I had done so) and got this
> message:
>
> ⛔ Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in
> admin-tasks.org::53243. Resetting.
>  The error was: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
>  Backtrace:
> nil
>  Please report this to Org mode mailing list (M-x org-submit-bug-report).
>
> I don't know if I can get you all a backtrace, though, because Emacs and
> Org Mode are working now.
>
> I know this isn't a great bug report, but I hope it helps. System info
> below.

Thanks for reporting!
We had known parser errors in Org 9.6.6.
Some of them have been fixed in the latest stable Org 9.6.18 and some
other have been fixed on the development version Org 9.7-pre.

If you can, please upgrade Org mode and let us know if you keep seeing
this or similar warnings.

Handled.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,