Re: New try at multi-lingual export to latex/pdf using pdflatex and babe

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: New try at multi-lingual export to latex/pdf using pdflatex and babel
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:04:56 +0000

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes:

> I agree it does not take advantage of the AUTO facility here, but I
> nevertheless think it would
> be interesting to show people how to do this. Until we expand the AUTO
> facility to cope with
> all quirks of multi-language in pdflatex (lualatex and xetex are a
> different pair of shoes), a quick
> and dirty alternative may be helpful for people. The introductory text
> could be

Pedro, the only problem I see with that is that it is an example of
LaTeX rather than Org. The only Org part here is #+LaTeX_header, and in
the entire section it's already made clear enough what it's used for.

Perhaps a brief reminder (the AUTO facility of the previous examples
is very limited) could be added first, and that if the users want to
obtain more complex, or more specific results (like the case you
exemplify for pdfLaTeX) they must put explicit LaTeX code, using
LaTeX_header. And then your example would come, but emphasizing that the
LaTeX documentation must be consulted. wdyt?

My point is that if we abuse examples of this type (at the expense of
"#+latex_header:something"), or "how is this done in LaTeX?", in the end
a LaTeX manual is made instead of Org.

I'm glad you enjoyed the jump to LuaTeX. :-)

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

--
Juan Manuel Macías -- Composición tipográfica, tratamiento de datos, diseño
editorial y ortotipografía