Re: Org LaTeX Beamer export and the order of loading packages and theme

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org LaTeX Beamer export and the order of loading packages and theme (XeLaTeX and fonts)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 13:20:03 +0000

>> 2) Is there a reason why the Beamer theme options are exported after
>> other LaTeX packages? Wouldn't it be better to export the Beamer theme
>> options before loading additional packages? The reason for that being
>> that the theme sets defaults, which can then (potentially) be altered by
>
> No specific reason that I am aware of.
> Your suggestion sounds reasonable, but I'd like to hear from our LaTeX
> experts first ;)

Thinking about this more, I am afraid that changing the loading order
may break the existing documents. Similar to your case when loading
beamer theme after other packages produces different behavior, loading
beamer theme _before_ may have unwanted side effects.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,